Level 3 Award in First Aid (FAW) Re-qualification
This course is for those whom already hold the 3-day First Aid at Work award and it is nearing its expiration date.
A condensed version of the 3 day FAW is completed.
If the expiration date is within one month, the course can be completed. If the one month period has lapsed but it has not exceeded three months the delegate can requalify with the 2-day course with the following special considerations.
- A signed letter from the employer to First Aid Buddies Ltd providing an explanation as to why the delegate is suitably experienced.
- A decision is made by First Aid Buddies after discussions with the employer, or the potential delegate, and deciding that the delegate is suitably experienced.
If three months have passed from the qualification expiration date, then the delegate must attend a 3-day FAW.
- Legalities, roles, reporting and responsibilities
- Scene and casualty assessment
- Resuscitation and use of an AED
- Wounds, bleeding and shock
- Asthma, anaphylaxis and use of an autoinjector
- Head and spinal injuries
- Fractures and bandaging
- Heart attack and stroke
- Chest and crush injuries
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Strains and sprains
|Delegates are awarded an Ofqual National Level 3 Award, which is valid for 3 years||Up to 12 delegates |
Minimum age of 14 Responsibility in the workplace cannot be assumed until the age of 16
|A range of methods are used, to accommodate all types of learners. This will include practical, written and questioning.|