Level 3 Award in the Immediate Management of Anaphylaxis
Anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock is a severe allergic reaction. It is a life-threatening reaction to an allergen, such as food, drugs or insect stings.
This 6-hour course is suitable for all First Aiders and any other professionals or office staff that may have the responsibility of the unassigned auto-injector within the school.
Adrenaline is a controlled drug, therefore, it is important to ensure that it is appropriately stored, administered and disposed of. Delegates will understand and recognise the difference between an allergic reaction and the potential life threatening anaphylactic shock.
- Describe anaphylaxis
- Identify triggers
- Describe life-threatening implications
- Explain the requirement for early intervention
- Explain treatment
- AED familiarisation, functions and safety
- Defibrillation process
- Paediatric defibrillation
|Delegates are awarded an Ofqual National Level 3 Award, which is valid for 3 years||Up to 12 delegates |
Minimum age of 14 Responsibility in the workplace cannot be assumed until the age of 16
|A range of methods are used, to accommodate all types of learners. This will include practical, written and questioning.|