Every 10 seconds in the UK someone is having a potentially life threatening asthma attack. It is a condition that requires careful consideration, planning and risk assessing within the academic environment. This 45-minute workshop can be delivered in conjunction with the anaphylaxis management training.
The learning outcomes are:
- Identify & describe the condition asthma
- Understand the effects upon the respiratory system
- Identify the signs & symptoms
- Identify different types of inhalers and chambers
- Treatment of an asthma attack
- CPR and AED
This is an awareness course designed for staff within school. A certificate of attendance can be issued that can contribute towards CPD.